So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Friday, July 08, 2005

The Wedding

I walked from the crowded car park towards the restaurant building. There were no stars up on the sky that night. The only thing the shone brightly that night were the lonely street lights... and the blinking bunch of 100 watt bulbs of the restaurant's neon board.

I promptly took out my handkerchief to wipe off the sweat accumulated on my forehead -- the long sleeved D&G shirt was too hot for me. Then, I suddenly stopped. Right before the carpet with a big "Welcome" word on it.

My leg went numb. Paralyzed. Vegetabled. I can't bring myself to walk pass that evil looking piece of carpet. I stood there ... felt like a spastic. Do I really want to go in there? Do I really want to make myself look like a fool? And for the 5th millionth time, my heart assured me that it would be just another banquet that I've attended many times before.

I took a deep breath, and waltzed towards the banquet, with the envelope in my hand. There's a female reception right at the entrance, registering guests and collecting gifts. I recognized that face. It's her moron cousin, Chu-La. Other than her Sophia Loren looks, there's nothing impressive about that Chu-La. I passed her the envelope and a big red packet with a congratulatory wish on it.

But I did not put money in the red packet as I always did on a typical Chinese wedding banquet. Instead, I put in some pamphlets, brochures & leaflets alike... that had been spamming my letterbox for the past 2 weeks. Serves her right for leaving me anyway.

I slowly walked through the happy guests at her wedding banquet. My emotion was mingled with both hatred and nostalgia as I walked. I felt as if I've lost my ground to stand on ... as if I've lost a reason to live. I felt like I've been robbed of my trust... dignity... and the precious feelings that I've generously shared.

In the midst of my melancholic drift ... I stumbled onto a folded carpet which sent me airborne. I landed hard onto the floor but luckily, no complications of any sort, albeit some pain on my collarbone.

The embarrassing situation attracted some attention from the main table - to which, I saw someone very beautiful walked over to me. It was her.
"Are you alright.. john?"
"I'm ok ... physically. But mentally, I'm scarred for life"
"Oh... don't say that john. It's fate."
"Fate your bucket head. You left me"
"Ok ... I left you .. but you should have move on already"
"U brought it up first."
"Ok .. [smacks head]. I'm glad that you came to my wedding tonight"
"....."
"And you looked good in this D&G shirt I bought u .."
"Yeah.. I felt cool in it..." [wipes sweat from forehead again]

I don't know why I did not berate her out of my emotional breakdown at that very moment. Maybe she looked too drop dead gorgeous in her evening gown -- and deceived me from treating her like a tramp. I then stretch out my hand and offered her a congratulatory wish and left the banquet, without settling down for the banquet dinner .... because......

....... the food looked really lousy and cheesy. I lost my appetite by just looking at the food.
I proceeded to the nearby 24-hour fast food outlet for some serious hoovering ... and start my life anew.


THE END
*nothing interesting in my life to blog lately, so, I made up one. If it's not that obvious to you yet, this story is just a flex of my imagination - it's fictional. Let me know if it's shitty.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home